Identity, Calling & Destiny Course (Paid)
AKA What should I do with my life? If we spend regular time thinking and reflecting we should be getting to the place were identity and vocation meet.
New Courses Included In Group Coaching & Mastermind
All of these courses are included for Free with your monthly Group Coaching Subscription. If you would like to start your own Freedom Business consider joining our group coaching program today.
Grow with other missional entrepreneurs
We are creating a community to stay connected between calls or get quick feedback or encouragement when you are pushing through something in your business.
2X Month Group Coaching on any area you need clarity or encouragement in business or life & 24/7 Online Community
A Tribe is so important to your success. In fact, it can often be the make-or-break factor.
Also having a coach to that believes in you more than you believe in yourself can often get you over the mental roadblocks that are holding you back.
BETA Pricing of $49/Month
"Have you ever looked in the mirror and thought, "This business was supposed to bring me freedom, not become a stress-inducing prison of my own making?" If so, you are not alone.
The Stakes are High. Most Startups Fail before they ever start to turn a profit. Even proven businesses fail to execute on strategic initiatives 67-90% percent of the time. The average business has a 15% success rate a
Buddy Rathmell - Founder, 4BAM
Buddy was hired by Arthur Andersen Consulting to work for a Fortune 250 in Scranton, PA shortly after finishing college and getting married. 2 1/2 years later he started his own consulting firm working for multiple Fortune 500 companies. A lover of books, systems, people (especially entrepreneurs) he has created a community & Mastermind to help entrepreneurs and their businesses. If you are looking to start and grow a business so that you can fulfill your God-given calling 4BAM is the community for you.
I've been on both sides of the fence. I have experienced complete chaos in my life and business. A number of years ago, I was losing money in two businesses in two different countries at the same time. I had no hope and I was not sure if my marriage was going to make it or if I was going to be able to afford to send my kids to college if it did. In the end, I lost $250,000 and had to let 15 employees go and figure out how to pay $100,000 back to my investors.
Right now I am operating on the other side of the fence with both my business and my nonprofit (Stop Slavery) and I want you to experience that too. Since getting back on our feet financially we have taken the kids on trips to Europe and multiple beach trips in different countries.
I took two months off for the first time in my life and we took on the kids on an extended vacation to Japan, Hawaii, and a lake house at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia (to be honest the kids and my wife left the lake 2 days early because they felt like we over-vacayed in their lingo) and then capped ioff with a 24 day road trip across the United States. We have been able to send all three kids to college and it's nice to not even worry about the college bills. It feels great not only being in a better place but helping others to get to that place in their life and business as well.
The best part is being free to fulfill the calling that God has on my life. I am free to raise up young entrepreneurs so that they too are free to fulfil their God-given calling and dreams.
"Buddy is an amazing facilitator which is why I bring him to help me with my own team each and every year. He has moved from advisor to friend and I actually consider him an extension of my own team. This year, in addition to the team building, strategic planning, and Birkman consultations, I asked him to emcee an event and give the opening address on the final day. He always delivers. I can't recommend him highly enough."
"Buddy is unrelenting in pushing you to be the best version of yourself. Through Buddy, I learned the best way to serve the people I encounter is to know myself well, accept those giftings, and live them out to the fullest, and by this, those surrounding me will be blessed. If it wasn’t for this lesson I’m not sure my business Liv Thai would exist today. Buddy cares deeply about helping others hone in and be what is right for them and he has the systems and tools to get you there. I have a feeling “4BAM” will help more than just your business!"
"We initially brought Buddy in to do a half-day coaching training session with our executive leadership team. We were so impressed, we brought him back for a 1-day annual planning meeting. He was able to draw out of us in five hours what we had not been able to do ourselves in 6 years. Our team was reignited by the new strategy to reach our vision and implemented those changes over the last year. You won't go wrong bringing in Buddy for your Annual & Quarterly Strategy Meetings."
• Visionary: Each entrepreneur has a clear, compelling vision for the impact they want their business to have on the world.
• Passionate: They are deeply passionate about their work, which gives them the motivation and drive to push through challenges.
• Risk-takers: Missional entrepreneurs are willing to take calculated risks to pursue their goals, often stepping outside of their comfort zones to do so.
• Collaborative: They understand the value of collaboration and actively seek out opportunities to work with others to achieve their goals.
• Focused: These entrepreneurs have a laser-like focus on their goals, ensuring that their efforts are aligned with their vision and values.
• Resilient: They understand that setbacks and failures are a natural part of the entrepreneurial journey and are able to bounce back quickly.
• Innovative: Missional entrepreneurs are creative problem solvers who are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things.
• Impact-driven: They are motivated by a desire to make a positive impact on the world, and are constantly looking for ways to measure and improve that impact.
• Continuous learners: They are committed to ongoing learning and development, constantly seeking out new knowledge and skills to improve themselves and their businesses.
• Customer-focused: They understand that their customers are the lifeblood of their businesses and are constantly looking for ways to better serve their needs.